The Swan Hill in Australia is an all-time favourite spot for tourists who love natural beauty. It’s is rich in naïve culture and offers a good number of attractive and historical places.
It also has many parks, gardens, shopping centres and restaurants to offer you. Also, you can find an affordable accommodation too. So, if you are here with your family, here is a list of things you should do in the Heart of the Murray.
- The first thing you need to do is to enjoy the beauty of the Murray River. Fishing can be a part of the leisurely afternoon here. You can also spend an evening walking along the banks of the Murray River that’ll give you the extraordinary view of natural beauty.
- Visit the Murray Downs Golf and Country Club, the famous golfing destination, where your golfing skills will be challenged and encouraged. You can gain an amazing experience of playing golf on the murray too. Click here for more info about golf on the murray.
- Then, you must see the Heartbeat of the Murray Laser Show performed here. This show will tell you the story of the mighty Murray River.
- You can choose to set a camp and stay a night on the banks of the Murray River. The beautiful atmosphere at night will give your mind a soothing serenity.
- Spend a morning at the Swan Hill Farmer’s Market where you’ll get the best products from the farmers.
- If you like forests, you can drive to the nearby Nyah & Vinifera State Forest.
- You can take your family to the Yaga National Park. The Riverside Park is also another place you may visit.
- Discover the oldest and the biggest tree of the region- the Bruke & Wills Tree on Curlewis Road, or you can also discover another famous tree, the Ring Tree here on the Koraleigh Road.
- Take a ride to the Lake Boga, 20 km south of Swan Hill. It is the most popular water-sport destination of the region with its amazing facilities. Here you can enjoy waterskiing, kayaking, fishing and many other water activities.
- Lake Boga is also famous for its Flying Boat Museum. You’ll see the Catalina flying boats used in the Second World War, preserved here.
- Visit the Pioneer Settlement where the beautiful recreation of the 19th century port town will make you witness the old days. You can also enjoy the light and sound show here.
- Take your family for a horse riding at Pioneer Settlement. You can enjoy riding the paddle-steamers, or you can also take a river cruise on PS Pyap, an 1896 steamer.
- Take your family to the Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery that preserves many naïve collections including 60 Da Vinci Machines.